How does hypnosis play a role in fitness?
There are so many ways hypnosis can improve your fitness routines, Here are a few:
- Hypnosis can help get you started. Especially if you are a classic couch potato and you need a good, but gentle, kick in the butt to get you going.
- Hypnosis can help you relax after a workout. Resetting your metabolism to a more relaxed level is helpful if you are returning to the office and don’t want to be sweating when you walk in the room.
- Hypnosis can clarify the pleasurable aspects of your workout. This is key in building momentum and forming a fitness habit.
- Hypnosis can help you visualize success in your sport. Whether it is golf or figure skating. The ability to visualize successful mechanics helps you enjoy your activity and increases the likeliness that you will repeat the activity.
- Hypnosis can help you build confidence in the athletic venue. Many people are self conscious when they are first starting a program or entering a new gym. Overcoming fears at this early stage can help ensure continued participation in the program.
- Hypnosis can help you make a commitment. Commit to a new activity for a period of time. Try it out. Let it reveal something interesting or fun. If you don’t give this fitness activity some time, you’ll never really benefit from it.
- Hypnosis can help with your recovery routine. The rest time between physical events is important in building muscle and flushing out toxins. The more efficient you are in your recovery efforts the more you will enjoy the activity. This will lead to a sustainable routine and the long term benefits we all seek.
Many athletes use hypnosis to fine tune their game. This is a more advanced application of Hypnosis. One that is certainly worth exploring once you’ve achieved some basic proficiency and are looking for an edge.
For now, just start your fitness program, be patient, find the “FUN” in it, and plan to do it again!